Sunday, February 13, 2011

You are a special mom

Before i was a mom i never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before i was a mom- I had never been puked on. Popped on. Chewed on. Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts i slept all night.

Before i was a mom- I never held down a screming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots.
I never looked in teary eyes and cryed.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before i was a mom- I never held a sleeping baby just because i didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when i couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew i could love someone so much.
I never knew i would love being a mom.

Before i was a mom- I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didnt know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before i was a mom- I had never gotton up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a mom.
I didn't know i was capable of feeling so much, before i was a mom.

DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS FOR GRANTED - ALWAYS REMEMBER EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I need followers. Please follow my blog. I would appreciate it. Thanks and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete